Sweet Home Chicago
- Missing my magnanimous MOM
- Midsummer Arts Faire 2013
- Senior Citizens listen up!
- We hope you win Little Miss Quincy "P.J."!
- Fresh Hops Grammatically Chromatic
- Chicago Studio Club thanked at Old Town Burger Saloon event hosted by Erin McDougald
- 7 Rules of Life
- Support Independent Music
- Linda Solotaire PR and Marketing Workshop Just for Jazz Musicians
- Libby York at The Metropolitan Room
- Keri Johnsrud volunteering with International Volunteer HQ
- Wavefront Beachside Music Festival at Montrose Harbor Beach 2012
- Sunday with the Kimberly Gordon Organ Trio
- What cracker?
- Rose Colella and Linda Solotaire
- About thepointandshootist.com
- Hyde Park Jazz Society
- Kites for Kids
- Lake Michigan
- Neighbors & Friends
- Buckingham Fountain
- Clark Sisters
- Sharon Fuqua
- Zhya Jacobs
- Chicagostudioclub livemusic
- Photographer Farrad Ali
- Smoke on the Water -my photos & story on UPTOWN UPDATE!
- the point & shootist’s blog
- the point and shootist @ pbase.com
- the point-n-shootist.com
- Uptown Update with Tracey’s “Breaking News in Chicago”
- Urban Tribal Elevation
Posted here… before today!
It has been said… on this very site!
Posted in: Artist Patricia Surface,Chicago,Community,family,Illinois,Images,joke, quip, witticism, wisdom,Local photographer,Midwest images,news, local news, happenings, events,Pat Surface,Patricia Yoder,Photography,Photos,point and shoot,Point and Shootist,Quincy,the point and shootist,thepointandshootist.com by #1 on February 28, 2012
Today, Tuesday, February 28, 2012, I got a card from my mom. She died Friday, December 23, 2011. And yet, today, in an envelope my dad sent, there was a photo of my sisters and I with mom, with loving words from her, to me, on the back. There was a letter from her, it summed up ME (in short). All about the day I was born, my youth, and much more, things a mom remembers and daughters LOVE to hear. There was a card in the package, when you open it, it is MY MOM TALKING to me (and to Fred), saying the loveliest, most encouraging words you’d ever want to hear, and then a song at the end.
It was typical mom. Patricia Diane Yoder Surface was a creative, caring, sharing, magnanimous woman and I miss her terribly. She is STILL GIVING and she is gone. Suffice it to say, today was a sobbing day.
Technorati Tags: Patricia Diane Yoder Surface,Pat Surface,artist,Quincyan Pat Surface,Quincy,Illinois,Tracey Surface,The Point and Shootist,point and shoot,photos,images,photography,mom,mother,my mom Pat Surface,Patricia D. Surface,Quincy artist,Iowan,Keota Iowa,loving memories,caring,sharing,motherhood,TLC,mama,mother’s daughter,mommyNewer Posts »