Sweet Home Chicago
- Missing my magnanimous MOM
- Midsummer Arts Faire 2013
- Senior Citizens listen up!
- We hope you win Little Miss Quincy "P.J."!
- Fresh Hops Grammatically Chromatic
- Chicago Studio Club thanked at Old Town Burger Saloon event hosted by Erin McDougald
- 7 Rules of Life
- Support Independent Music
- Linda Solotaire PR and Marketing Workshop Just for Jazz Musicians
- Libby York at The Metropolitan Room
- Keri Johnsrud volunteering with International Volunteer HQ
- Wavefront Beachside Music Festival at Montrose Harbor Beach 2012
- Sunday with the Kimberly Gordon Organ Trio
- What cracker?
- Rose Colella and Linda Solotaire
- About thepointandshootist.com
- Hyde Park Jazz Society
- Kites for Kids
- Lake Michigan
- Neighbors & Friends
- Buckingham Fountain
- Clark Sisters
- Sharon Fuqua
- Zhya Jacobs
- Chicagostudioclub livemusic
- Photographer Farrad Ali
- Smoke on the Water -my photos & story on UPTOWN UPDATE!
- the point & shootist’s blog
- the point and shootist @ pbase.com
- the point-n-shootist.com
- Uptown Update with Tracey’s “Breaking News in Chicago”
- Urban Tribal Elevation
Posted here… before today!
It has been said… on this very site!
"Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others.
HOWEVER, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took
The melody out of music,
The pride out of appearance,
The courtesy out of driving,
The romance out of love,
The commitment out of marriage,
The responsibility out of parenthood,
The togetherness out of the family,
The learning out of education,
The service out of patriotism,
The Golden Rule from rulers,
The Nativity scene out of cities,
The civility out of behavior,
The refinement out of language,
The dedication out of employment,
The prudence out of spending,
The ambition out of achievement or
God out of government and school.
And we certainly are NOT the ones who
eliminated patience and tolerance from
personal relationships and interactions
And, we do understand the meaning of
patriotism, and remember those who
have fought and died for our country.
Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes
and pride in their hearts as they stand
at attention with their hand over their hearts!
YES, I’M A SENIOR CITIZEN!
I’m the life of the party….. Even if it lasts until
I’m very good at opening childproof caps…..
With a hammer.
I’m awake many hours before my body allows
me to get up.
I’m smiling all the time because I can’t hear a thing you’re saying.
I’m sure everything I can’t find is in a safe secure
I’m wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that’s just my left leg.
I’m beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.
Yes, I’m a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having
the time of my life!
Now if I could only remember who sent this to me,
I wouldn’t send it back to them.
Spread the laughter
Share the cheer
Let’s be happy
While we’re here.
And, MAY GOD BLESS
AMERICA … AND MAY AMERICA THANK GOD!! "
Just passing on something sent to me, I thought this was right on and pretty funny too!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.